Sharing this most amazing sweet potato pasta recipe, courtesy of Cara Brotman here. This is a go to recipe when you need a change up from fresh green leafy salads and are craving something rich, savory, super filling that is packed full of flavor. It is one of my raw favorites!
- 2 sweet potatoes, spiralized
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped raw nuts (almonds & hazelnuts are great)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions (spring onions work well too!)
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 cup mint
Curry Almond Sauce
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
- 6 tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp Soy Sauce / Liquid Aminos / Tamari
- 1 Tbsp finely minced ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, or to taste
Start with the Curry Almond Sauce, adding all of ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Add remaining ingredients, sweet potatoes – mint, stir well and Enjoy!
*due to the coconut oil, if not eaten right away the sauce will harden in the fridge. Just take it out and let it sit on the counter a bit to warm up before eating. I like to make it the same day and leave it out on the counter until dinner to allow the flavors to marinate and so the noodles are able to be twirled on my fork, like spaghetti. lol
Kerwin used the angel hair blade on the spiralizer to make the pasta in the photo and it turned out fabulous! More noodle for the sauce to cling to. 😉😀
I haven’t tried this with the pomegranate seeds yet but I’m sure it’s wonderful!