Looking for a healthy, refreshing, smooth and creamy drink that puts a smile on your face?
- 1 Cup Juicy Pineapple (super super ripe/overripe is best)
- Half a Frozen Banana
- 1 tsp Coconut Butter (if no butter, use an extra tablespoon or so of Coconut Cream)
- Pinch of Cayenne Pepper (you can’t really even taste it)
- 2 Tbl Aloe Gel (I use a frozen cube of Aloe gel made from the plant in my backyard)
- Pinch, or more, of Lime zest (really gives it a nice pop)
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Powder ( I prefer powder as it’s without alcohol, although you can certainly use it, it just may change the color a bit.)
- 4 oz of Coconut Water*
- 4 oz of Rejuvelac** (If you don’t have this, you can just use all Coconut Water
- 1/3 cup Coconut Cream
- Depending on ripeness of the Pineapple, add additional sweetener as desired. Raw Honey goes well.
Simply throw all ingredients into the blender and blend until SMOOTH, it may take a minute. Then drink away!
*The easy way to get Coconut Water and Cream, without cutting up a coconut, is to put a can of Organic full fat Coconut Milk in the fridge overnight. The next day you’ll have the liquid (water) separated from the cream which will have become solid. Use the needed amount of each, put the remainder in a mason jar back in the fridge to use in the next 3-5 days.
**Rejuvelac is made from sprouted grains and seeds, most commonly wheat berries. The water you soak and sprout the wheat berries for 48 hours becomes fermented, cloudy and a little bubbly – that liquid is rejuvelac. It’s full of good for your gut lactobacillus bacteria. As a side note, you can also use it in place of probiotics if you’re making cheese, it gets the fermentation process going.