This salad is so simple to make, tastes light, refreshing and oh so tasty! The sweet potato noodles hold up well to being marinated in the dressing, actually tastes better after a bit, no wilting mush here.
- 2 Sweet Potatoes – Medium, spiralized
- 1/3 cup Organic Olive Oil
- 1/3 cup Organic Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 Sweet Onion, Medium, rough chopped
- 1 heaping tsp Cumin
- 3 large garlic cloves (I used pickled cloves. Garlic Powder can also be used if you prefer)
- A few dashes of Cayenne Pepper
- A few dashes of Turmeric
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 3 cups Spinach, chopped (optional)
- 3 cups Cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Nutritional Yeast- sprinkled on top of each bowl as you serve. Yummy cheesy flavor.
Mix together greens and noodles in a bowl. In a separate bowl mix up the dressing ingredients Olive Oil – Salt & Pepper. Then pour over the noodles, stir and let marinate for 10 minutes before serving. An hour or two or three makes it even tastier. ☺️
If not adding the greens, the Olive Oil and Apple Cider Vinegar can be reduced to 1/4 cup each.
This is a great base so get creative! Add other spiralized other root veggies like beets or daikon to add some contrast with the sweet potato ?. Chopped walnuts or sunflower seeds would be great toppers too!
I’d love to hear how you enjoy this salad and what changes you make! ?