This recipe is why you want to always have a batch of basil pesto or even better, basil vinaigrette, whipped up and ready to go or frozen in the freezer.
Then with only a can of organic chickpeas, some celery and a cucumber ?, you are set to make the simplest, fastest, healthy recipe ever! And tasty too. ?
Holding a plate away from me to take a photo is a signal to the boys that a sample might be coming their way. Nicklas was standing by. Lol
* 1/2 large English cucumber, thinly sliced
* 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
* 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
* 1/3 cup Basil Vinaigrette or Pesto, your choice
* Squeeze of lemon
* Salt and ground pepper to taste
In a bowl, mix together cucumber, celery, and chickpeas. Add Basil Vinaigrette and a squeeze of lemon. Season with salt and pepper. That’s it! Serve up and enjoy! ?
Tip: Make a double batch and have leftovers the next day.