Here it is…the best Tahini Dressing recipe!
Hands down this is Kerwin’s favorite salad dressing. He loves to drench his lettuce and veggies in it. No matter the salad, somehow this dressing always goes perfectly. AND I’ll share a secret with you – making this dressing was the very first time Kerwin used our Vitamix blender. He even asked me to show him how to make it so he didn’t have to wait on me.
It lasts forever in the fridge so we always make a double batch of it and store it in glass mason jars or bottles with lids.
- 3/8 cup Tahini * (of course!)
- 1/2 cup Nama Shoyu (unpasteurized soy sauce. Our preference but Liquid Aminos is a good, and cheaper, 2nd choice. Tamari is another decent option.)
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil (Organic too if possible)
- 1/4 cup Raw Apple Cider Vinegar (with the ‘mother’)
- 4-6 Cloves Garlic (we love garlic so adjust to your liking)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- Put all ingredients in a blender and let it run until the garlic is broken down.
- If using a Vitamix blender, no need to chop or peel the paper off of the garlic. There are lots of nutrients in the ‘skin’. 🙂
- This recipe can handle lots of garlic, as there aren’t a other spices or competing flavors.
Pour onto your salad of choice and enjoy!
Original credit to Alissa Cohen for this recipe that we found years ago in one of my very first Raw food “cook” books.
* To make your own Tahini, all you need is raw sesame seeds and a food processor. Watch my In The Kitchen video to see a demo.