This is The Best Lemon Vinaigrette I’ve ever had! It’s creamy, savory, packed with flavor and yet, it’s simple to make.
It’s a pet peeve of mine when searching for recipes online that you have to SCROOOOOLLL forever on each blog post to get to the ingredients to know if its even an option. In the middle of making dinner I don’t have time to read the story behind the recipe (sorry to my fellow bloggers!) so I’m going to cut right to the chase for you.
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Tbl Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 Tbl Dijon Mustard
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Heaping tsp Dried Oregano (Marjoram, Thyme or Winter Savory could be used in place of Oregano)
- 1/2 tsp Pink Salt
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- Chop the garlic and then add all ingredients together and blend to emulsify the oil/vinegar. If you’re using a Vitamix, no need to chop OR peel the garlic. I find though that for a quick dressing, with less clean up time, that a small individual blender works perfectly. I have a Magic Bullet and it’s the same one I use for grinding coffee beans and whole spices. I love it! But as I DON’T love hunks of garlic in my dressings, I pre-chop.
It’ll store in the fridge in a sealed jar for several weeks (or more!). Most every ingredient is a natural preservative LOL.
I like to double the recipe and we still have no problems using it up within a week.
If you don’t want to make your own Dijon Mustard, the one I like is linked below .
*This dressing IS very sharp and strongly flavored so adjust the lemon, mustard and garlic to your liking. Keep it mind it will definitely soften when blended with your salad ingredients. In our house, we’ve found that it goes famously with a salad of spinach, kale and quinoa (which on it’s own is very bland) and a combo of the basic veggies we like to have on hand – celery, bell pepper, sweet onion, carrots, tomatoes, green beans and avocado topped with pumpkin seeds. Yum!
Please come back after you make it and tell me how you liked it or what changes you made! I’m always open for “tweaks”.
I hope you enjoy this vinaigrette as much as my husband and I do!
Yes, these are all my Amazon Affiliate links and I hope you’ll use them if you order any of these products. 😊 ALWAYS shop on Amazon with an affiliate link, even if it’s not mine, but of course I’d love it if it IS mine!